donate

Saturday, February 8, 2014

smooth seas...



originally planned this post for 1/31/14...but wasn't sure how to proceed at that time.  so whenever i feel lost, i did what i do normally: 

decided to go back to basics and...

pray.


    smooth seas do not make skillful sailors. - african proverb

so, on the other side of things- it seems only to make sense that we should count all things joy...embracing the challenges...

this is my resolve for my journey/ walk with Him/His Word.

not really motivated by money nor proving other folk wrong so much.

i just Love Him/His Word + humanity (my neighbors).

my way of address is not for everyone.  this is well understood at this point.

so...anyone telling me this anymore- resonates with me as the beating of a dead horse... 

+ here's what's just so, though:

the fact folk don't get nor like me/my way of being me so much- does not mean that i must turn myself inside out.  futilely attempting to be what others appear to need from me in order to sleep comfortably.  folk are straight demanding political correctness.  "church" folk demanding i keep silence.

"church" folk demanding that i give no testimony.

keep it to yourself!!!

relax.

learn to laugh it off. 

 ssshhh!!!

     

that  business is not what i am called to do.

final answer.

i have asked Almighty and He/His Word indicates that i should Stand Strong.  that His will overcome by their testimony. that i need not even consider what i AM to say...

going forward, i will hold myself accountable for the following:

  • to consider the feelings of others prior to/while speaking.  
  • to treat others as i would want to be treated.  
  • to exercise Patience prior to casting out devils.  the objective is to fish for souls, after all;)  
  • to watch my tone when addressing folk- even when they are speaking out of turn/disrespectfully with me.  soft answer turns away wrath.  be slow to speak + anger.  it is always my turn to do this.  accept this Truth.  know + understand- others, too, got next on the turn to be bigger people.  however, i can't make them take their turn;)  
  • this is where the serenity prayer comes into play for me:
Yah, grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change.  The Courage to change the things i can; and the Wisdom to know the difference.

this is a partial accountability list for sure;)  

it is not my place to worry about other folks' path/ life journey...

which is something that i tend to do.

despite knowing that it is not my job nor a part of my journey.  i Understand fully that:

_______________________

UNIVERSAL LAW:

2 Corinthians 5:7- (For we walk by faith, not by sight;)   


_______________________

since i was feeling all different types of ways about the last few days worth of goings-on...thought i would go back to basics.

     went all the way back to basics;)  back to seeing this through the eyes of a child.

_______________________

UNIVERSAL LAW:

Genesis 46: 10-11 

10   Be still, and know that I am Almighty:  I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11   The Sovereign of hosts is with us; the Almighty of Yacob is our refuge.  Se-lah.

_______________________

with the belief of a child in their Father...i believe that Almighty will not be mocked.

with all that i AM i believe this to be Truth.  so i can take it all the way back to childhood...   when i was dealing with these types of comments from folk that should have known better...momma gave me the following words, written as a prayer on a little card.  which i carry + cherish to this day:

slow me down, Sovereign

ease the pounding of my heart
by the quieting of my mind.
steady my hurried pace.
give me, amidst the day's confusion,
the calmness of the everlasting hills.
break the tension of my nerves and muscles
with the soothing music of singing
streams that live in my memory.
help me to know the magical, restoring 
power of sleep.  teach me the art of 
taking minute vacations...slowing
down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to read a few lines
from a good book.
let me look up at the branches of the 
towering oak and know that it grew
slowly and well.  inspire me to send 
my own roots deep into the soil of 
life's endearing values...that i may grew toward the stars of my greater destiny.  
slow me down, Sovereign.  

______________________

this is my heartfelt prayer, from my soul, as i learn to navigate less than smooth seas, in His Mighty Name and Power.   may more come to know Him/His Word...as we head on into...



ONE YAH~ ONE MESSIAH~ ONE WORLD 




No comments: